I3DS Integrated 3D Sensors is a project co-funded under Horizon 2020 EU research and development program and part of the Strategic Research Cluster on Space Robotics Technologies as the Operational Grant n°4 among 6.
SRCs will be implemented through a system of grants connected among them and consisting of:
- “Programme Support Activity” (PSA) named PERASPERA: The main role of this PSA is to elaborate a roadmap and implementation plan for the whole SRC (referred to hereafter as the SRC roadmap) and provide advice on the calls for operational grants. The PSA is also expected to contribute to the assessment of the evolution (and results) of operational grants.
- Operational grants: In future work programmes (2016 and beyond), and on the basis of this SRC roadmap and the PSA advice for the calls, the Commission is expected to publish calls for “operational grants”. The operational grants will address different technological challenges identified in the roadmap. The objective of this system of grants is that the expected results of each individual grant would, when taken together, achieve the overall objective of the SRC.
Each individual grant within the SRC (either the PSA or operational grants) will follow the general principles of H2020 in terms of proposals, evaluation, selection process and legal obligations.
There are in total 6 OGs working in parallels:
- OG1 “ESROCOS” activity is to design the Robot Control Operating Software
- OG2 “ERGO” activity is to elaborate the Robot Guidance Control
- OG3 “INFUSE” activity is to develop the Data Fusion framework building block
- OG4 “I3DS” activity is to deliver a self-standing integrated modular suites of sensors
- OG5 “SIROM” activity is to develop a set of interfaces (mechanical, data, electrical and thermal) that will allow coupling of payload to platform or robot manipulators or to other payload
- OG6 “FACILITATORS” activity is provide facilities to the different other OGs in order to do the integration and the validation
The OGs will produce outputs that will contribute to an overall system. The final integration of all OG outputs into this overall system will not be achieved within the scope of the present OGs. This integration will be performed in a second stage of the SRC.
To learn more visit: http://www.h2020-peraspera.eu/